Good Samaritan Missionary Baptist Church History
1956 First Sunday school convened
April 12, 1957 Good Samaritan Baptist Church Chartered
1959 Purchased and occupied Willis Chapel AME
1965 Basement of current sanctuary completed.
1970 Sanctuary completed & dedicated.
August 1985 Mortgage Burned
August 1988 Pastor Witherspoon, Founder departed this life.
1988--1996 Daniel Childs Jr., elected as 2nd Pastor
1997--2011 Gregory B. Washington, elected as 3rd Pastor
1997 Mother Olean Witherspoon, wife of Pastor Witherspoon departed this life
1997 New handicap restroom completed and paid in full.
1999 vacant lots on northwest corner of 54th donated and purchased
2000 church van purchased and paid for
December 2011— Corey D Scott, elected and currently serves as the 4th Pastor
2014 purchased lots 3108 E 54th, 3116 E 54th and 3113 E 54th